Workshop lease agreement
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this workshop lease
This is a comprehensive and easy to use short term lease for letting a workshop, factory, warehouse or other light industrial unit. The property should be self-contained, that is, it shouldn't share services or facilities with other properties owned by the same landlord. This agreement could be used for a range of different properties, from a car repair garage to a machining workshop to an aircraft hangar.
The document has been drawn to help protect the landlord's interests as greatly as possible.
Similar lease agreements
- There is no provision for service charge recovery in this document. If you need this, perhaps because the unit shares services with others forming a small business park, see Business lease: unit on industrial park.
- If the property will be used as offices, Office lease agreement may be more appropriate.
- If the property is mainly land, with plant or buildings, Business lease: land, either vacant or with plant or buildings may be more appropriate.
Plain English is used throughout except where it is necessary to use legal terms common in this field of law.
The key features of this template can be summarised as:
- term of 5 years or under (often called a short term lease)
- standard guarantor
- options for transfer or assignment to another party
- sub-letting forbidden
- option to include a break clause for premature termination by the tenant
- a choice of options for rent reviews
This document has been drawn so as to make it applicable to the vast majority of leasing scenarios without making it difficult to edit.
The law in this workshop lease
This lease is regulated primarily by:
- the Landlord and Tenant Acts 1860-2005;
- in particular the Landlord and Tenant (Amendment) Act 1980; and
- the Landlord and Tenant (Amendment) Act 1994
In balancing the codes with the law and the interest of the Landlord, we have followed the codes where reasonable, but have preferred the interest of the Landlord where there may be a difference.
Lease template contents
This workshop lease is comprehensive, providing alternative choices for important decisions.
The contents include 25 provisions and 1 schedule covering:
- rent: period, amount, other payments, interest on overdue rent, periodic review
- condition and repair
- tenant's positive obligations
- restrictions on tenant: prohibited activities on the property
- signs and advertisements
- goods and vehicles
- assignment of the lease
- indemnities by the tenant
- security deposit
- access for landlord
- termination: default notice by landlord; provision for premature termination (a break clause)
- Schedule 1: rights reserved
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Irish law.
"I will certainly be advertising your company to other business colleagues.
The lease was like picking up an old favourite novel and understanding everything from the first turn of the page. So easy to read and complete, what a joy and your site was recommended to me by another colleague.
Hope this brings a smile to your face knowing you are making business life easy for people and furthermore the price was just as pleasing.
"Eileen L (Introsports Limited)
"We find this site an excellent source for legal documents which we require from time to time in our business. We would highly recommend using this site. "Jonathan Murphy
"I have found the product exactly what I wanted and the notes helpful - as well as it being easy to locate, buy and download. There should be a better way of making your product more widely known. I have recently had experience of a tailor-made lease and this left a lot to be desired - whereas your product is well researched and ticks all the boxes. "Ted