Business lease: unit on industrial park
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this lease
This lease should be used to let an industrial unit such as a workshop, factory, depot or warehouse that shares common facilities and services with other units let by the landlord to different tenants. Commonly, this lease would be used for a unit on a small- to medium-sized industrial estate or business park. Paragraphs within this lease provide for recovery of service charges.
The document has been drawn to help protect the landlord's interests as greatly as possible.
Similar industrial lease agreements
This lease comes with a provision for service charge recovery. If you don't need this, Workshop lease agreement may be appropriate.
Plain English is used throughout except where it is necessary to use legal terms common in this field of law.
The key features of this template can be summarised as:
- term of 5 years or under (often called a short term lease)
- standard guarantor
- service charge provisions - specifically written for a unit that is part of an industrial estate or business park
- options for transfer or assignment to another party
- sub-letting forbidden
- option to include a break clause for premature termination by the tenant
- a choice of options for rent reviews
- a draft agreement for a security deposit has also been included
This document has been drawn so as to make it applicable to the vast majority of leasing scenarios without making it difficult to edit.
The law in this lease
This lease is regulated primarily by:
- the Landlord and Tenant Acts 1860-2005;
- in particular the Landlord and Tenant (Amendment) Act 1980; and
- the Landlord and Tenant (Amendment) Act 1994
In balancing the codes with the law and the interest of the Landlord, we have followed the codes where reasonable, but have preferred the interest of the Landlord where there may be a difference.
This lease agreement is comprehensive, providing alternative choices for important decisions.
The contents include 29 provisions and 3 schedules covering:
- rent: period, amount, other payments, interest on overdue rent, periodic review
- tenant’s warranties for authority
- landlord’s warranties
- condition and repair
- tenant's positive obligations
- restrictions on tenant: prohibited activities on the property
- signs and advertisements
- goods and vehicles
- assignment of the lease
- indemnities by the tenant
- security deposit
- access for landlord
- termination: default notice by landlord; provision for premature termination (a break clause)
- Schedule 1: the service charge
- Schedule 2: rights reserved
- Schedule 3: draft agreement for a security deposit
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Irish law.
"I will certainly be advertising your company to other business colleagues.
The lease was like picking up an old favourite novel and understanding everything from the first turn of the page. So easy to read and complete, what a joy and your site was recommended to me by another colleague.
Hope this brings a smile to your face knowing you are making business life easy for people and furthermore the price was just as pleasing.
"Eileen L (Introsports Limited)
"I bought a Confidentiality Agreement for my business and was extremely satisfied."Working Holiday Ireland
"Efficient & fast way to create legal docs. "Infobahn