Shop Fitter's Business Terms
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
This contract provides you with terms of business to present to your clients. It provides a legal framework as to how you will perform any given project, large or small, covering the procedure for project management and provisions to ensure that you are paid fully and on time.
It assumes you work under a limited company structure.
We separate the contract from the specification of work (which of course we do not provide because it could vary so greatly). That means for each new project, all you need to do is write down the work that you will do and the price for that work, and attach a copy of these terms. If you do want to vary the terms for a specific job or client, of course you can edit the document as well.
This document sets up a detailed but flexible procedure for the setting up of the work and then managing it. For example, it provides for:
- you and the client each to appoint someone as the representative for liaison and decision making
- you to set down exactly what work will be done and how it will be done, allowing for changes to be made later as the project progresses
- an optional provision for a design approval procedure whereby the client has the opportunity to hire you to design multiple options before settling on one
- the client to provide a safe working environment, statutory permissions and of course insurance - a collection of obligations to make your work as easy as possible
- a procedure for contract variations and many other provisions designed to make as certain as possible that you will be paid on time
The document is written in plain English. It protects the shop fitter, but has been drawn so as to be acceptable to the client.
If the project is reasonably large, then you may wish to use a more general building contract instead.
The document does not comply with the Construction Contracts Act 2013 and therefore, is not suitable for work worth more than €10,000.
- The contract
- Representative liaison - how the parties work together
- Design approval procedure
- Project management procedure
- Detailed specification
- Price and payment
- Safety and insurance
- Use of sub-contractors
- Legal provisions applicable to this particular type of document
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Irish law.
"I will certainly be advertising your company to other business colleagues.
The lease was like picking up an old favourite novel and understanding everything from the first turn of the page. So easy to read and complete, what a joy and your site was recommended to me by another colleague.
Hope this brings a smile to your face knowing you are making business life easy for people and furthermore the price was just as pleasing.
"Eileen L (Introsports Limited)
"We find this site an excellent source for legal documents which we require from time to time in our business. We would highly recommend using this site. "Jonathan Murphy
"Yes the document was very useful, easy to read and understand and contained everything I needed. I will definitely refer to your site in the future."Vicky Gregory