- Length:10 pages (2900 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
This is a simple construction contract for any small works to a residential property.
It will help ensure that the builder or project manager is paid on time, and is protected against claims by the client.
It covers just those areas where you most need legal strength, such as: limiting your liability if things go wrong, cash collection, payment for extras, and no posting of bad publicity on social networks.
Importantly, it provides the simplest way to deal with the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013.
The contract can be used for a single one-off project, or for multiple projects where the terms under which discrete jobs will be performed remain the same.
We include drafting notes to make quite clear what the text means and to advise you on choosing from the options we give.
Note: that this document is drawn for use by a builder engaged to work on residential building works for the owner, including on renovations, extensions and maintenance.
It does not comply with the Construction Contracts Act 2013 and therefore is not suitable for work worth more than €10,000 or if the floor area of residential property is not more than 200 square metres.
Net Lawman offers a number of alternative construction industry and services contracts.
If you are a tradesman working by himself or herself, this document may be more suitable.
If you are a client, we have a version of this agreement that favours the property owner over the contractor.
- Definitions of special terms
- Interpretation: explaining the agreement
- Client warranties: including making sure the party who signs has authority to do so
- The Project: specifications and organisation
- Contractor’s payment: the system you use and making sure you get paid
- Confidentiality: no using social networks
- Use of sub-contractors: basic ground rules to keep your client happy
- Limitation of liability: helps you avoid being caught out
- Termination of the agreement
- Uncontrollable events (just in case you need it)
- Miscellaneous legal matters