- Length:9 pages (2555 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this sponsorship agreement
Individuals are sponsored for a variety of reasons and in many different ways. This sponsorship agreement has been drawn to be flexible and to cover many sponsorship situations without being difficult to complete.
A large part of the agreement covers the substance of the deal: what the sponsor will provide in return for the agreed obligations of the person being sponsored. We provide a range of examples to which you can add, edit or delete as appropriate.
The agreement also includes further legal paragraphs not usually included in such documents that protect both sides in case of later disagreement or non-fulfilment. These can also be edited to your requirements.
The agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland, but the location of either party could be elsewhere. The agreement could, for example, be used by an Irish company to sponsor a Russian musician.
When to use this sponsorship agreement
This agreement will suit a large number of sponsorship arrangements.
- the individual being sponsored could be a participant in a sport or another activity (e.g. chess, poker or music)
- the sponsored person could be operating at any level, from amateur to international professional.
- the sponsor could offer goods or services (their own or another company's) or money to the person being sponsored
- the obligations of the sponsored individual could include simple advertising (for example using equipment or wearing clothing with advertising printed on it), promoting the sponsor at events, product testing, writing articles for the sponsor's website, appearing in marketing material or anything else
- the contract could be for a specific period or on-going
The agreement includes the following paragraphs as well as other standard legals.
- warranties for authority
- relationship of parties
- granting of sponsorship rights
- sponsorship fee and payment
- sponsorship rights granted
- promotion of sponsored goods and services
- obligations of the sponsor
- obligations of the sponsored person
- joint obligations
- intellectual property: including use of trademarks by the sponsored person and ownership of works created for the sponsor by the sponsored person
- after termination
- uncontrollable events
- miscellaneous matters
Schedule 1: scope of sponsorship rights: industry sectors, product ranges and countries
Schedule 2: goods that will be provided to the sponsored person