Hire agreement for audio-visual or other equipment
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this audio-visual hire agreement
Here are business terms and conditions for hiring out technical products to consumers. Suitable for a wide range of products although drawn in terms specific to audio-visual equipment. You could be in the hire business or simply hire out goods from time to time, or as part of some other business. This is a flexible and adaptable agreement.
Your business might specialise in the hiring of one type of item (fashion goods; music system; tools), or a particular type of product (such as recording equipment), but what sort of products your business hires is not important to these terms.
The agreement is drawn as a “terms and conditions” document which you can send out with a quotation or place on your counter, ready for a customer to sign. You can also adapt it for use on your website.
Our use of plain English makes this document easy to edit to match your business model, without having to be your own solicitor.
Using a professionally drawn document will give you the confidence to know that your valuable goods have the best possible legal protection.
The benefit of clear terms and conditions
Terms and conditions are probably the best example of a legal document where use of plain English strengthens the legal effect of the document. If a dispute should arise, it would be hard for a hirer to claim that he did not understand, even if English is not his first language.
Using this document to hire equipment will help you to:
- set out clearly how your business works and how equipment can be hired for any period;
- ensure that the hirer receives the quality of service that you aim to provide - and that you can act against a hirer who oversteps or misuses the equipment;
- present a professional image of your business. Our use of plain English helps to ensure that your customer do not feel intimidated by overly formal or legalistic language;
- provide alternatives for collection of equipment and make solving disputes easier.
- comply with the European Union Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 .
Features and contents of this hire agreement
It includes terms relating to:
- the basic contract - terms of hiring
- includes alternative draft quotations text
- responsibilities for delivery and return covered, with options
- compliance with the European Union Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 compliance with your return and refund terms
- extensive disclaimers place liability on hirer
- loss or damage caused by third parties
- breakdown and repair of equipment during hire period
- hirer indemnifies you
- miscellaneous legal matters to protect your business
Alternative to this document
If your hire business is B2B, you will find a simpler version of this agreement at Hire agreement for audio-visual or other equipment to businesses.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Irish law.
"I will certainly be advertising your company to other business colleagues.
The lease was like picking up an old favourite novel and understanding everything from the first turn of the page. So easy to read and complete, what a joy and your site was recommended to me by another colleague.
Hope this brings a smile to your face knowing you are making business life easy for people and furthermore the price was just as pleasing.
"Eileen L (Introsports Limited)
"The document was extremely useful and I shall certainly use your service again."Colin Poole
"I have found the product exactly what I wanted and the notes helpful - as well as it being easy to locate, buy and download. There should be a better way of making your product more widely known. I have recently had experience of a tailor-made lease and this left a lot to be desired - whereas your product is well researched and ticks all the boxes. "Ted