Commercial property licence: to occupy business premises
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this commercial property licence agreement
This agreement creates a licence to occupy commercial premises, not a lease. The difference is important because a lease creates an interest in land and gives the tenant additional rights - particularly with respect to stay in the property when the lease term expires.
This property licence includes minimal and usual provisions in simple format, specifically to avoid it being interpreted as a lease.
The document might be used to:
- let spare office rooms, unused workshops or warehouse space to another business
- bring in another trader on a shop floor
- rent office space on a short term, flexible basis, for example as 'incubator' space for start-up businesses
- let a parcel of spare land to another business to store vehicles or machinery
This document has been carefully drawn so as to avoid being interpreted as a lease under Landlord & Tenant Act 1980.
If you need a lease rather than a licence to occupy, we have a large collection of business lease agreement templates for all types of property.
The document is not suitable for residential property. For that, see our documents within the category Lodger agreements and licences, or our standard lodger agreement.
- Property details
- Licence fee
- Licence fee inclusions such as services and rates
- Payment provisions: all payments the tenant might have to make
- Use allowed: restrictions on how the occupier can use the property
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Irish law.
"I will certainly be advertising your company to other business colleagues.
The lease was like picking up an old favourite novel and understanding everything from the first turn of the page. So easy to read and complete, what a joy and your site was recommended to me by another colleague.
Hope this brings a smile to your face knowing you are making business life easy for people and furthermore the price was just as pleasing.
"Eileen L (Introsports Limited)
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor! "John K
"We find this site an excellent source for legal documents which we require from time to time in our business. We would highly recommend using this site. "Jonathan Murphy