- Length:5 pages (1150 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
This is a simple license of land for any non-business use. The land may or may not have stables or other buildings on it. As this document will be mostly used by equestrian lovers, it has been drawn to include equestrian related provisions, however, it can just as easily be used for any other non-business use.
This is a simpler form of the Net Lawman lease document "Agricultural lease: Open land for equestrian or any non-business use"; suitable for a letting up to say five years of a field or two, for equestrian use. If the facilities and buildings are of substantial value, use "Agricultural lease: Open land for equestrian or any non-business use".
Who will use this document?
- Any potential landlord (owner of buildings such as stables, sheds or barns);
- Or tenant (someone who wants to use the establishment);
- Who wants to lease or rent any combination of buildings and or land for any equestrian;
- or other non-business use.
Lease or licence?
Any licence is outside of the statutory landlord and tenant framework. But the agreement has to reflect the name - you cannot just call an agreement a “licence” for it to be one.
The effect of a licence is that:
- The tenant has no security;
- The landlord has to give no notice.
- There are some important provisons and considerations when using a document such as this; we advise you to read our free information page on 'Lease or Licence?'
Application and features
- Flexible - alternative paragraphs to suit your needs
- Invaluable notes guide you through the minefield
- Suitable for many types of non-business use
- Written in plain English!
- Details of the parties, the licence fee and the land
- Permitted use of the land
- Payment: how and when, including interest
- Condition and repair
- Restrictions on the licensee
- Rubbish removal and contamination
- Access for both parties
- Transfer and assignment
- Termination: how and when
- Other legal provisions