Website terms and conditions template
- Length:20 pages (5050 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this website T&C licence
Here is your website T&C for a site selling software, or apps or some other gizmos which can be downloaded. It provides for B2B and B2C.
We have assumed that users interface with your website and that you therefore require tough and extensive protection of your intellectual property, your website and security. We also provide a comprehensive menu of items you will probably use to regulate what your users are permitted to upload.
The document does not try to describe what you actually do or offer for sale. That will be detail for you to make clear either on your website or in a schedule to this agreement. We have made provision for that.
We have given you options in many areas, each in simple terms so that you can choose exactly what you want without having to put legal words together.
We have set out the basic consumer rights given in the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013, so that your consumer client or customer is aware that his rights are limited. (Many consumers assume “anything goes")
The benefit of clear terms and conditions
Website terms and conditions are probably the best example of a legal document where use of plain English strengthens the legal effect of the document. If a dispute should arise, it would be hard for a user of your site to claim that he did not understand, even if English is not his first language.
Using this document on your website will help you to:
- set out clearly how your business works and how visitors should act and behave
- present a professional image of your business. Our use of plain English helps ensure that sellers do not feel intimidated by overly formal or legalistic language
- prevent misunderstandings and make solving disputes easier
- protect your website from misuse (we include paragraphs that set out exactly how sellers can interact with your website, and what they cannot do)
- protect your business from complaints about content that your visitors posted - particularly important if visitors can post product information or interact with each other without you actively monitoring every post or message
The law in this document
The law in these T&C is largely common law that deals with the basics of contracts: offer, acceptance, price and payment, delivery, returns, dispute resolution, liabilities and risk. Provided you comply with the law, you can set whatever terms you like.
The terms and conditions are valid for businesses based anywhere in the Republic of Ireland.
This template complies with the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013, and other latest consumer protection legislation allowing you to sell to businesses or consumers.
- Definitions and interpretation
- Basis of contract
- The licence
- Price provisions
- Buying as a consumer
- Renewal payments
- Restrictions on posting
- How we handle your data
- Acceptable material posted
- Offensive content
- Security of website
- Restrictions on what may be uploaded
- Intellectual property
- Disclaimers, limitation of liability and indemnity
- Other legal provisions
Over 1,900 words of helpful and informative drafting notes.