Website terms and conditions template: on-demand IT service provision
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this website T&C licence
Here is your website T&C for a technical business providing a software “product” which can be performed as a web service for a retail or business client. Perfect for a “cloud” service. Examples: gaming, betting, personality tests, grammar check, medical diagnostics.
We have assumed that users interface with your website and that you therefore require tough and extensive protection of your intellectual property, your website and security. We also provide a comprehensive menu of items you will probably use to regulate what your users are permitted to upload.
The document does not try to describe what you actually do or offer for sale. That will be detail for you to make clear on your website. We have given you options in many areas, each in simple terms so that you can choose exactly what you want without having to put legal words together.
We have set out the basic consumer rights given in the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013, so that your consumer client or customer is aware that his right are limited. (Many consumers assume “anything goes")
The benefit of using these clear terms and conditions
Using this document on your website will help you:
- Set out clearly how your service works and what customers can expect
- Present a professional image of your business. Our use of plain English helps ensure customers do not feel intimidated by overly formal or legalistic language
- Prevent misunderstandings and solve disputes more easily
- Comply with consumer protection law (such as the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013) without compromising your legal rights if you also sell to businesses
- Protect your website from misuse (we include paragraphs that form an Acceptable Use Policy, useful if your visitors can interact with your website, for example, by posting reviews or exchanging messages in a customer forum)
- Trade safely internationally, whether your customers are in the Ireland, EU or further afield
The law in this document
The law in these T&C is largely common law that deals with the basics of contracts: offer, acceptance, price and payment, delivery, returns, dispute resolution, liabilities and risk. Provided you comply with the law, you can set whatever terms you like.
The terms and conditions are valid for businesses based anywhere in the Republic of Ireland.
This template complies with the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013, and other latest consumer protection legislation allowing you to sell to businesses or consumers.
- Definitions and interpretation
- Basis of contract
- The price
- Renewal payments
- How we handle your data
- Acceptable material posted
- Restrictions on posting
- Offensive content Limitations on consumer rights
- Security of website
- Restrictions on what may be uploaded
- Intellectual property
- Disclaimers, limitation of liability and indemnity
- Other legal provisions
Over 2,000 words of helpful and informative drafting notes.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Irish law.
"I will certainly be advertising your company to other business colleagues.
The lease was like picking up an old favourite novel and understanding everything from the first turn of the page. So easy to read and complete, what a joy and your site was recommended to me by another colleague.
Hope this brings a smile to your face knowing you are making business life easy for people and furthermore the price was just as pleasing.
"Eileen L (Introsports Limited)
"Efficient & fast way to create legal docs. "Infobahn
"The document was extremely useful and I shall certainly use your service again."Colin Poole