- Length:15 pages (4250 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this manufacturing agreement
This agreement covers a deal in simple terms you can edit yourself. You know what you want and how to specify it. You need a local manufacturer to make it up for you. This may be a sub contract or maybe you do not have the required facilities.
The product could be anything. What it is and what you want is to be set out in your specification.
- Favours the designer/customer not the manufacturer, so puts you in the driving seat
- Takes you logically through the practical provisions you will need
- Assumes your intellectual property is of great value and must be protected
The law in this agreement
There is little statute law to regulate this agreement so it relies on common law: contract, tort, and so on.
Of course, there are regulations affecting your product. We have provided for your manufacturer to comply with specific, exact requirements you have set out in a schedule.
Contents of this manufacturing agreement
The most important provisions are likely to be:
- Manufacturer’s warranties - who they are, what qualifications they have
- Scope of work - what exactly is the deal
- Product testing
- Packaging and delivery
- Production price
- Manufacturer’s warranties
- Use of sub-contractors
- Dealing with defective goods
- Option to prevent change of control of their business
- Confidential Information, including your intellectual property
All rights reserved