Residential tenancy agreement: rent a house
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this residential tenancy agreement
It is a long form version of a tenancy agreement, drawn to give the landlord maximum control over the terms of the tenancy. At just short of 2,000 words in plain English, this agreement will reduce the grounds for complaints and misunderstandings with your tenants because your legal position will be fully covered.
The law in this tenancy agreement
There are many tenancy agreements on the Internet, varying in price and quality. Most are short form, around 500 words (a quarter of the size of this one), and cover only the basic terms to create a tenancy. As a landlord, you will know that the purpose of an agreement is to protect you against whatever might go wrong. The more comprehensive a tenancy agreement is, the more it defines rights (in this agreement, favouring you as a landlord) and leaves less room for subjective interpretation by your tenant or a judge. This template has been updated following The Residential Tenancies (No.2) Act 2021.
When to use this tenancy agreement
This agreement should be used by a landlord wishing to rent one or more houses. It is ideal for buy-to-let, and can be reused for multiple properties.
The tenancy agreement holds the tenants jointly and severally liable for the tenancy (all tenants are jointly responsible for payment of rent and not individual shares).
Tenancy agreement features and contents
- Basic provisions common to all tenancy agreements
- Guarantor: essential if tenant is not in full employment
- Agent: should the landlord wish to appoint someone to act on his behalf
- Rent: by default paid monthly in advance, but the terms can be changed
- Deposit by tenant
- Landlord's access: to view or show prospective lenders or buyers
- Landlord's choice of 30 tenant's “promises” setting out what tenant can and cannot do
- An inventory (provided in the document, with explanatory notes on how to use)
- Includes sensible, practical provisions
- Fair to both parties but drawn primarily to protect the interest of the landlord. It is for a tenant to challenge those paragraphs which may not suit his circumstances
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Irish law.
"I will certainly be advertising your company to other business colleagues.
The lease was like picking up an old favourite novel and understanding everything from the first turn of the page. So easy to read and complete, what a joy and your site was recommended to me by another colleague.
Hope this brings a smile to your face knowing you are making business life easy for people and furthermore the price was just as pleasing.
"Eileen L (Introsports Limited)
"I bought a Confidentiality Agreement for my business and was extremely satisfied."Working Holiday Ireland
"I liked the document and am a big supporter of templates and independence from solicitors where possible. There are many things we can do ourselves with pro forma templates such as those from your company. The key is to know when to get professional advice and when to go alone. I'll keep an eye for future opportunities to do business with you."KP, Dublin