- Length:17 pages (4850 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
The Limited Partnerships Act 1907 enables you to set up a trading vehicle where only one partner can be liable if things go wrong.
This Professionally drawn agreement is very flexible, so that you can easily edit it to suit the arrangements you have in mind. It is used most commonly for high risk ventures in property, finance, mining or research, or for ventures abroad, where there may be political risk. A limited partnership enables a single partner to carry the liability. That partner may be a limited company with little or no assets, so preserving the assets of other partners. Often, all partners are companies.
The registration requirement is very light. There is no requirement for submission of returns. Secrecy can be maintained.
Application and features
- Assumes partnership business relates to a single project, short or long term;
- Assumes that a corporate general partner will manage the business;
- Suitable for any type of business;
- Written in plain English.
- Basic partnership provisions;
- Limited partnership particulars;
- Management of the business;
- Banking arrangements;
- Records and accounts;
- General partners undertaking;
- Restrictions on general partner;
- Partnership shares;
- Loans to the partnership;
- Meetings and voting;
- On a partner leaving;
- Duration and termination;
- Other legal provisions.
The template was an adequate product for my needs. However, in my case I (As an individual) will be the GP, not a company. I had to make a number of alterations in this regard. But that's a minor complaint - and you quite clearly stated that the template was designed under the assumption that a company would be the GP.