IT consultant contract
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this IT consultancy contract
This document is suitable for any individual who calls himself a IT consultant. Of course your industry sector affects the work you do. But this is a legal document, not a specification for your work. This contract is for an individual consultant to present to any client as his contract. See below for alternative consultancy contracts. It may be edited either by you before you submit it, or in negotiation with your client. It is drawn to protect you, the consultant, but should also be acceptable to your clients.
This is an “umbrella” contract, set up for the possibility of future assignments under the same terms. That way, if you want more work from the same client, all you have to do is define it and refer to this agreement. Even if you expect never to enter into a new work assignment, you do not have to delete anything on that account.
The consultancy contract provides for the specification of work to be placed in a schedule to this agreement on the first time it is used. All later assignments of work will automatically be subject to this contract.
There are options in several areas, notably contract summary, payment systems and working arrangements.
- Ease of use (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you be your own lawyer
The law in this IT consultant’s agreement
There is little statute law in this consultancy agreement. It depends on basic contract law and tort.
Alternatives to this IT consultant’s agreement
Net Lawman publishes three types of consultancy contract:
- for a corporate consultancy to offer to its client
- for a single consultant working alone or with colleagues or sub-contractors (this contract)
- for the client of a consultant to offer to a consultant, to protect his own interest
Each of these three is available in three versions:
- for IT consultants;
- for HR consultants;
- and for any other.
The IT and HR versions contain more provisions relating to aspects of IT and HR, but the legal framework is the same in all.
You can see the full selection at Consultancy agreements.
Contents of this agreement
- Definitions and interpretation
- Preliminary legal matters
- Consultant's status
- Contract summary and payment
- Consultant's requirements and obligations
- Option for exclusions from contract - matters which could be misunderstood
- Option for use of sub-contractors
- New intellectual property
- Intellectual property rights indemnity by client
- Option for no competition (if your client insists)
- Limitation of your liability
- Duration and termination
- Other legal provisions
- Publicity / Announcements
- Miscellaneous matters
Over 2,100 words of helpful and informative drafting notes.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Irish law.
"I will certainly be advertising your company to other business colleagues.
The lease was like picking up an old favourite novel and understanding everything from the first turn of the page. So easy to read and complete, what a joy and your site was recommended to me by another colleague.
Hope this brings a smile to your face knowing you are making business life easy for people and furthermore the price was just as pleasing.
"Eileen L (Introsports Limited)
"I have found the product exactly what I wanted and the notes helpful - as well as it being easy to locate, buy and download. There should be a better way of making your product more widely known. I have recently had experience of a tailor-made lease and this left a lot to be desired - whereas your product is well researched and ticks all the boxes. "Ted
"...Yes very useful. I understand the terminology etc as I've seen a fair few legal docs before. Notes are very helpful. Gives me some base insight without the expense of a solicitor! "John K