Employment contract: construction industry
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this employment contract
This employment contract covers all legal requirements for information to be given to an employee. It is a carefully considered framework for fair and full protection of the employer and compliance with organisational requirements. Use of plain English makes editing easy and allows it to be understood by all parties.
The size or business of the employer organisation is not important, nor is the position of the employee (this contract can be used for management too, but Net Lawman does provide employment contract documents written more precisely for senior staff.)
Specifics for different jobs, such as duties and training provision, can be added easily if required, either within the existing text, or by reference to a job description. In this "information age", all Net Lawman employment contracts are very strong on protection of the employer's secrets and confidential information.
When to use this employment contract
- for any new employee;
- to replace your existing contracts which may be out of date;
- for any level of employee, though most appropriate to junior and mid-level staff;
- the employee may be permanently employed (full or part-time) or temporary;
- for organisations of any type: companies, charities, trusts, partnerships, governmental organisations and others.
Employment contract features and contents
- Standard employment contract complying with current lawAll standard terms of written statement as described by the The Terms of Employment (Information) Acts 1994 and 2001;
- Strong on protection of employer's confidential information;
- Specifics for different jobs, such as duties and training requirements, can be added easily - either within the text, or by reference to a job description;
- Structured so as to minimise the administrative burden of legal compliance.
The contract of employment includes the following paragraphs:
- Start and continuity;
- Trial period (also called a probation period);
- Job title and description;
- Place of work;
- Hours of work;
- Leave for holidays and other reasons;
- Sickness and sick pay;
- Other business and employment;
- No competition;
- Intellectual property;
- Collective agreements;
- Staff handbook and company policies;
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures;
- Procedure after termination;
- Summary termination;
- Reconstruction or amalgamation;
- Data protection;
- Severance and invalidity.
Practicalities this employment contract covers
A contract, written or verbal is made as soon as the employee accepts a job offer. So as to minimise future misunderstandings, we recommend providing a written employment contract with the offer letter, so that the employee can return an acceptance letter with a signed copy of the contract.
By law, all employees must be given a “written statement of terms and conditions of employment” within two months of starting work. This is a document that sets out the terms of employment that the employer must disclose, known as a “written statement”. This employment contract includes all the necessary information to act as a written statement so that you don’t need to provide this information separately in a letter or another document.
Other employment policies and procedures not within the written statement of terms and conditions of employment (such as data protection) could be included in the employment contract. However, especially when you have many employees, changing each employee’s contract of employment (and ensuring consistency between employees) every time a new law changes can be time consuming and difficult. It is usual, therefore, to place all procedures and policies common to all staff in an employee handbook and refer to the handbook in the employment contract. This is the approach Net Lawman recommends.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Irish law.
"I will certainly be advertising your company to other business colleagues.
The lease was like picking up an old favourite novel and understanding everything from the first turn of the page. So easy to read and complete, what a joy and your site was recommended to me by another colleague.
Hope this brings a smile to your face knowing you are making business life easy for people and furthermore the price was just as pleasing.
"Eileen L (Introsports Limited)
"Very comprehensive and easy to read documents. Highly recommend. "Steadfast Building Services
"Excellent documents and so easy to use "Killoran Slate