Corporate consultancy agreement
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this corporate consultancy contract
This document is suitable for any business which calls itself a consultancy. Of course your industry sector affects the work you do. But this is a legal document, so does not specify the work you do. This contract is for a corporate consultancy to present to any client as its contract. See below for alternative consultancy contracts. It may be edited either by you before you submit it, or in negotiation with your client. It is drawn to protect you, the consultancy, but should also be acceptable to your clients.
There is an option for work by accountants or surveyors or others to work on behalf of a bank or other lender, where this is your contract with the debtor company.
This is an “umbrella” contract, set up for the possibility of future assignments under the same terms. That way, if you want more work from the same consultant, all you have to do is define it and refer to this agreement. Even if you expect never to enter into a new work assignment, you do not have to delete anything on that account.
If your business is IT related, you may prefer the version with additional relevant paragraphs relating to IP protection at IT consultant contract: corporate; full. Other choices are listed below.
The consultancy contract provides for the specification of work to be placed in a schedule to this agreement on the first time it is used. All later assignments of work will automatically be subject to this contract.
There are options in several areas, notably contract summary, payment systems and working arrangements.
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
- Additional provision to cover your relationship with a bank if you have been appointed by an administrator or liquidator
The law in this consultancy agreement
There is little statute law in this consultany agreement. It depends on basic contract law and tort.
Alternatives to this consultancy agreement
Net Lawman publishes three types of consultancy contract:
- for a corporate consultancy to offer to its client (this contract)
- for a single consultant working alone or with colleagues or sub-contractors
- for the client of a consultant to offer to a consultant, to protect his own interest
Each of these three is available in three versions:
- for IT consultants;
- for HR consultants;
- and for any other.
The IT and HR versions contain more provisions relating to aspects of IT and HR, but the legal framework is the same in all.
You can see the full selection at Consultancy agreements.
Contents of this agreement
- Definitions and interpretation
- Preliminary legal matters
- Consultant's status
- Consultant’s obligation qualified by reference to the Bank
- Contract summary and payment
- Work management procedure
- Consultant's obligations
- Option for use of sub-contractors
- Intellectual property
- Option for no competition (if your client insists)
- Limitation of your liability
- Duration and termination
- Other legal provisions
- Publicity / Announcements
- Miscellaneous matters
Over 2,500 words of helpful and informative drafting notes.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Irish law.
"I will certainly be advertising your company to other business colleagues.
The lease was like picking up an old favourite novel and understanding everything from the first turn of the page. So easy to read and complete, what a joy and your site was recommended to me by another colleague.
Hope this brings a smile to your face knowing you are making business life easy for people and furthermore the price was just as pleasing.
"Eileen L (Introsports Limited)
"Very comprehensive and easy to read documents. Highly recommend. "Steadfast Building Services
"I found the documents easy to use and great value. I feel the service is easy to use and good value for money"Sean McNicholas