Agricultural property lease
- Length:12 pages (3300 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
Standard business lease with additions relevant to the rural character of let land and buildings. If you are not sure whether the tenant will or will not carry on a business, use this document.
This docuement is for:
- Landlord (owner of buildings such as stables, sheds or barns)
- Tenant (someone who wants to use buildings)
- For any non-agricultural use, like storage
Lease or licence?
Any licence is outside of the statutory landlord and tenant framework, but the agreement has to reflect the name. An agreement is not a “licence” just because of the title.
The effect of a licence is:
- Tenants have no security
- Landlords need give no notice
Application and features
- Flexible - alternative editable paragraphs to suit your needs
- Comprehensive – simply delete what is not required in your case
- Suitable for many agricultural uses
- Written in plain English
- Explanatory notes included
- Interest and further payments
- Tenant’s use and covenants
- Agricultural restrictions on tenant
- Landlord access
- Responsibilities for condition, repair and maintenance
- Transfer and subletting
- Provision for premature termination
- Rent review
- Quiet enjoyment
All rights reserved